Tuesday 22 March 2011

Congratulations to Stevie Carroll

I just got this email:

"I found out today that the winner of this year's James Tiptree, Jr. Literary Award has been announced over at http://tiptree.org/, as well as those books that made it to the Honor List and the Long List.

And look what's on the long list: Stevie Carroll, “The Monitors” (Echoes of Possibilities, edited by Aleksandr Voinov, 2010). Much thanks to Jill and to Aleks for having faith in my story. I'm still writing: I just tend towards longer stories in general and they take a while when you're as much of a perfectionist as I am.

I am seriously chuffed that my little piece of SF erotica made it so far in such a big award, against stories from the big publishers.

My story, 'The Monitors', in Echoes of Possibilities isn't exactly your standard m/f erotic romance. Here's the blurb so you can see why:

Echoes of Possibilities: Four unconventional m/f erotic romances set in very different futures. Including a trans character, a cyborg, an alien, a female ex-president of the United States and their equally remarkable lovers."


Congratulations, Stevie. I loved the story and hope it gets all the sales it deserves.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for spreading the word! I'm still very chuffed about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stevie - as well you should. I loved the story from the moment it came in. It deserves much more exposure.

    ReplyDelete