Monday 4 November 2013

Going from 300 to 5 emails

I started this morning with 296 emails in my Goodreads inbox. I've responded to the most recent (from about May 2013 to now-ish) and deleted group newsletters, which brought me down to about 150. The earliest ones are from 2011, and I feel weird responding to those now, but I'm going to go through them and see if any of them have questions or "calls to action" and respond to those.

If you've sent me an email via Goodreads in the last 2 years - thank you. I'm horrible at times as I just get overwhelmed and "freeze". Sometimes, I'm just not on the same planet (as my partner can attest who lives in the same house). The good news is, when I'm not on Earth, I tend to be writing, and I've written some pretty cool stuff since 2011, if I dare say so myself. :)

If you've sent me an email, please know that I read every one, and you probably made me smile with a kind word or a "holy crap, that BOOK!" type email. Honestly, that stuff makes my day, so thank you. Thank you. THANK YOU.

I will, to ever have a hope of catching up, have to "reset" and delete a fair few emails, or respond very very quickly (unless they are so old it's REALLY awkward - you might not remember you wrote and I lost the thread of conversation), and I'm sorry for that. I try to get better about emails, because I appreciate all of them. Hopefully, one day I'll be able to quit the job and have so much more time to respond and chat. I love talking to readers, I really do.

In other news, I'm working on the last 10-20% of Scorpion3 now and hope to be done in the next 5-10 days. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment