Sunday 20 May 2012

The eagle's wings are broken

Today I went back to the Imperial War Museum. It's one of those places I visit every few months - for the bookshop, and to stare up at the planes suspended from the roof. And then I do one of the galleries, or maybe two. If my stomach is especially strong that day, I go to the Holocaust Exhibition - something I'm not always strong enough for.

Today, I had a stroll through the WWI and WWII galleries, and while it was busy, I got some quality time (=unimpeded time to photograph) with this exhibit. This helps me with my WWII novel - and learn my camera. But mostly, I could stare at it and allow it to go deep, deep enough into my soul where my characters live. And, yep, that's a Third Reich bronze eagle - the holes are from bullets. Some people bring the weirdest souvenirs from war. I think they get bigger when you click on them.




1 comment:

  1. I've never been to a place like this. You're pics fill me full of... of...

    wow.

    ReplyDelete