Friday 1 July 2011

Blog post and a funny

This is something that came through Twitter: stuff people say in bookshops.

Me, I've taken half the day off work to celebrate my/our end of our probationary period - my partner's been three months in his job, and me six months. We're heading out to a restaurant in North London that serves Afghan food (the alternative was Russian, but I wasn't in the mood for that).

The "two birds" book is moving along just fine. Only 150 words yesterday, but that's OK. I do expect to write a bit more tonight and over the weekend - I should hit 10k at least.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one obsessing about word count...although you are a published author and I'm not. I should obsess more. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Word count is the only yardstick I can use... novels are massive and intimidating, so I take them 100-500 words at a time. This one is slow going. :)

    Thanks! Good luck with your writing!

    ReplyDelete